Friday 6 September 2013

[Pastimes] Embroidered Pouch

Hey Everyone, 
During the time when I was heavily into embroidery, I wanted to make a pouch to carry pens and other stationery to my classes when I was teaching. Having worked on the design for a while I was able to create a design with which I was quite happy and satisfied. The design is inspired from heena design. You can see my other designs inspired from heena here. If you notice, I have used the Paisley motif here as well... cannot design without using one! Here is the design...



The Pouch


Close Up of the Main Motif

The stitches used were my favorite Satin Stitch, Chain Stitch, Stem Stitch, Lattice Work using single coloured and multicolored shaded threads. The flap had my initial 'N' done in Satin Stitch and edges were finished with buttonhole stitch but it did not come out very neat :(

Close Up of the Flap

What do you think about this work? What is your favorite embroidery stitch? Do you have a favorite motif as well, without which you cannot design? do leave a comment and share with us...


Connect on Facebook
Signing off...
You may also like to read similar posts on Pastimes

Follow on Twitter @nehasuradkar

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...