Tuesday 6 August 2013

[Pastimes] Embroidered Tunic Neckline

This was an embroidery done on neckline of a kurta (Indian Tunic), which I did for one of my friends. This was again inspired by embroidery of Gujarat. I like this embroidery because of the riot of colours that can be included in the work. So, most of my pieces are influenced by it. You may like to read more on Gujarat Embroidery here.


The stitches used for this work are Open and Closed Herringbone stitch, Chain stitch, Running stitch, Buttonhole stitch and Sequin work.

Hope you like this embroidered neckline... do leave a comment to let me know!

Connect on Facebook
Signing off...
You may also like to read similar posts on Pastimes

Follow on Twitter @nehasuradkar

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...