Wednesday 21 August 2013

[Review] Fragrance- Dolce & Gabbana The One

It has been a while that I have been thinking about reviewing this lovely and loyal number, but something or the other comes up and this one takes a back seat. Finally, the day has come to talk about D&G The One.
I have been using this one since 2008, when Mr. Scientist brought it for me from his visit to Beijing from DFS on the Beijing Airport and I have fallen in love with this from that time. Now, I am using my second pack. 



What I have is a pack with a Purse Concentrate and 3 refill vials of 11 ml each. 




This is the second time around that I asked Mr. Scientist to get me this pack only because it is so easy to carry with you. The packaging is simply gorgeous and sensual. The carton is gold and black. The bottle is solid metal, again gold in colour. You can insert the refills in the bottle and use.

This was launched in 2006 and as envisioned by designers, The One is a fragrance for an exceptional woman who instantly draws attention, not only with her looks, but also with her manners, pose and inner world. Its oriental floral-fruity composition is very warm and sensual with powdery vanilla trace. The color of the fragrance perfectly matches its tone.

The composition opens with softly fresh mandarin, bergamot, litchi and peach. The heart is thin and balmy, with the notes of jasmine, lily of the valley and white lily which graciously intertwine with the fruity touch of plum. The woodsy-powdery base is created of vetiver root, amber, musk and vanilla. 

As you spray it on, you get fresh fruity smell mainly mandarin and litchi and this fades into floral smells of jasmine and lily and revealing the base notes of musk and vanilla. 

My Take on D&G The One
I fell in love with this fragrance as soon as I sprayed it on... those were the days when I loved any floral-fruity smell. So, now as well when I am not so fond of floral and fruity, these musky and vanilla smells keep me hanging on to it still. And did I mention... it is extremely long lasting... I can even smell it on myself the next day. This is the most amazing part of The One. Again this is completely my kind of fragrance- warm, sensual and feminine. 

Retail Price- S$93.50 for Purse Concentrate and 3 refill vial (11 ml each) pack
S$85.50 for 30 ml. Also available as 50 ml and 75ml.

Have you tried Dolce and Gabbana The One? How do you like it? Or do you feel like trying it? Do leave a comment and let us know...

Till then keep reading and discovering

Signing Off...









You may also like to visit ReviewsLove Yourself and Style Diva for links to related posts!

Follow on Twitter @nehasuradkar
Follow on Neha Suradkar on Vanity Trove to know my beauty likes and dislikes and more product reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...