Tuesday 9 July 2013

[Pastimes] Initials on Handkerchief...

There was a time when I was obsessed with embroidery. It was vacation time in schools and universities and I used to be at home for most of the days and those were the days when I embroidered for around 10-12 hours a day. 
I decided to embroider Initials on Mr. Scientist's handkerchief and surprise him. So I sat down with my PC to select a nice font for the same and within an hour I had my design ready and so I embroidered his initial (Y) by the time he came back from work. I used satin stitch, stem stitch and french knots for this design.


Later in the evening, pleased with my work, I told him that I have something for him and showed him the handkerchief and the reaction I got was something I never imagined. He was like, 'It's good but why there is no 'N' (my Initial) here? We are together and hence, with my name, your name should be there always, so I would like if you do something with both Y and N in it...' 
For a while, I did not know how to react, I was pleased by the significance I hold in his life and also a bit upset about beginning the whole design process again. But next day with CorelDraw software, I created Y and N, and this is what I finally embroidered using satin stitch and stem stitch.









How do you like these? Do leave a comment and let me know...

Connect on Facebook
Signing off...
You may also like to read my post on doodles here or on embroidered bookmarks here

Follow on Twitter @nehasuradkar

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...