Once you decide to start packing, there comes the question of what should go in your bag specially for kids? No single checklist can work for everyone as every child has his or her needs and mothers tend to know them the best. But just to work out general checklist, I would suggest to include the following-
1. Clothes- How much is too less? With kids, often we cannot decide how many outfits to take along. If I am not sure of the laundry facility at my destination, for holidays lasting a week or less, I follow a general rule to take as many outfits as the number of days and two extra. If the vacation is longer than a week, we prefer to stay in some place with reliable laundry service. Then comes the night wear, which is like number of night divided by two and one extra so that one set can be used for two nights. Count few more outfits if you have an infant or a crawler. Keep a change of clothes in carry on bag.
2. Toiletries- Make sure to pack travel sized packs of body wash, body lotion, baby powder, q-tips, kid's sunscreen, kid's toothpaste and toothbrush and other things that seem necessary to you but do not overstuff.
3. Food and milk supply for as many days if your child is not yet eating outside food but some snacks and food jars otherwise as well. Always keep a couple of extra bottles and nipples handy.
4. Diapers and Wipes if not yet toilet trained. Also plastic bags to dispose off dirty diaper and also keep rash cream in the same bag.
5. Things to entertain them during travel. These may include small toys, books, crayons and a notepad and even gadgets.
6. Disposables like bibs, tissue (regular and wet) etc.
7. Sunglasses, hats, rain cover if you are taking stroller, or winter wear if required at your destination.
8. Emergency Medication and your pediatrician's number handy.
Well, these were the basic necessities, you may like to add on anything else to the list, please do leave a comment!
Hope you now enjoy travelling with your li'l one... and I'll enjoy mine... off on vacation for a month so will be irregular in posting... but will be back soon and share my experience!
Till then, Take care
Connect on Facebook
Follow on Twitter @nehasuradkar
You may also like to visit Kids Corner for links to related posts