Serves- 1 Toddler
Roasted Vermicelli- 1/3 Cup
Ginger (finely chopped or grated)- 1/4 tsp.
Onion (chopped)- 1/4 Large onion
Frozen Mix Vegetable (Carrots, beans, corn and peas)- 1/4 Cup (grind once in grinder)
Water- 1 1/4 Cup
Salt- as per taste
Black pepper- as per taste (optional)
Oil- 1 tsp.
1. Heat oil in a pan and add chopped ginger and onion. Fry for few minutes.
2. Add the vegetables and 1/2 cup water. Let it boil and simmer for minutes.
3. Add roasted vermicelli, salt, black pepper and remaining water and cook till almost dry on low flame.
4. You may add more water if you feel the vermicelli is not cooked properly.
1. Again the veggies can be more or less, but more the better. You may add broccoli, mushrooms bell pepper as well.
2. Vegetable or chicken stock may be used in place of water.
3. Chicken or fish may also be added.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
Oil- 2 Tbsp.
Mustard Seeds- 2 tsp.
Ginger- 1 inch piece chopped
Split Black Gram (dehusked)- 1 Tbsp.
Whole dry Red Chili- 2
Onion- 1 small (finely chopped)
Mix vegetables (Carrots, beans, peas and corn)- 1/2 Cup
Roasted Vermicelli- 1 1/2 Cup
Water- 3 Cups
Salt- As per taste
Red chilli powder- 1 Tsp or as per taste
Desiccated Coconut- 1/4 Cup.
Cashew nuts (Crushed almost to powder)- 1/4 Cup
- Heat the oil and add Mustard seeds, ginger, black gram and whole red chilli. Fry for one minute.
- Add chopped onion, fry till light pink in colour, then add vegetables and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add roasted vermicelli and fry for 1 minute and add water, salt and red chilli. Cook on low flame.
- When it is 70% dry, add desiccated coconut and crushed cashews and cook till dry on low flame.
Hope you enjoy this with your li'l one and/or family and let me know how it turns out!
Image Source: http://kidshealth.org
Follow on Twitter @nehasuradkar
You may also like to visit Kids Corner for links to related posts