5. The Bully
- Intimidates others
- Share and exert his personal rights.
- Low self control
- Give him/her a chance to do something simple for others to make him/her feel important.
- Allow him/her to open up with you by acknowledging his/her feelings after receiving negative feedback from teachers. Then take your time to explain why what he/she did was not right.
Image Source: http://www.huggies.com.au
- Observe first and participate later
- Needs time to open up and feel secure.
- Create opportunities for him/her to come out of his shell
- Encourage him/her to communicate with you on a common topic but make sure to start interacting first so that he/she can observe and participate.
- Instead of using the words like shy or slow to describe your child, use positive words like careful and toughtful to build his/her positive self image.
Image Source: http://www.ehow.com
- A keen learner
- Has a lot to say and contribute.
- Often the first one to answer the question.
- New things with more difficult concepts should be introduced to them frequently.
- Make sure to broaden his/her horizons and expose him/her to more in depth information.
Image Source: http://www.metroparent.com
8. The Clown
- Attention seeker
- Usually liked by everybody
- Never seem to be serious enough to sit and complete a task.
- Make him/her understand what is socially acceptable and what is not.
- Divert his/her energy towards music, drama or theater to fulfill his/her need for attention.
Image Source: http://babysling-bg.com
Hope by now, you must have got a better idea about your child... how he/she behaves and why and how to handle him/her to get the best out of your child and also to reduce the negative qualities and convert them to positive ones... Do feel free to share your parenting experience!